🎥HUGE SHARK HEART IN JAPAN!
Extra thanks to Shizzy for joining us on this terrific wagyu tour. Follow her for more Tokyo revelations @xshizzyx.
1. MI-TOBARUNIKUTARASHI (MEAT BAR NIKUTARASHI): Raw Beef + $500 Beef BBQ
ADDRESS: 1-34-3 Yoyogi Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 17th Kikuchi Building 1F
OPEN: 5:30PM – 11:30PM
Japan is widely known for their wagyu beef, with the different kinds of beef ranging from A1 (lowest grade) to A5 (highest grade). The eating place we visited today specializes in A5 wagyu beef yakiniku (grilled at the table). They update their menu every day and are domestically famed as serving some of the tastiest beef in Japan.
🥩VARIETY OF BEEF: We sampled Hokkaido beef, which head professional cook and proprietor Mr. Hirashima made ready for us; wagyu sashimi, a special off-menu choice morsel; and 5 kinds of wagyu which includes: Zabuton (Chuck Flap), Beef Tongue, Sankaku Bara (Chuck Short Rib), Kamenokou (Knuckle) and Misuji (Top Blade), all served with side sauces of soy sauce, lomon and a special apple sauce.
💸PRICE: Wagyu Sashimi 18.22 USD/2,000 JPY | 5 Varieties Wagyu Beef 36.26 USD/3,980 JPY
2. RUYURIYA: Sukiyaki + Shabu Shabu
ADDRESS: 5-18 Maruyama-machi, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 2 Sogezaka Square Building 2F
OPEN: Mon – Fri: 12PM – 3PM | 6PM – 11PM
Sat: 12PM – 3PM | 5PM – 11PM
Ruyuriya has been a staple in Japan for 13 years, well-known for their 101 different types of hotpot.
🍲SUKIYAKI: There are two ways to eat sukiyaki →
1. Dipping Sukiyaki: First lite the stove with the pan on it, positioning the beef fat in the hot pan and continuing to move it around. Remove the beef fat and add teeny tiny sugar cubes. Then pour in the combination of soy sauce, cooking alcohol and sugar, mixing everything together. Poach the beef in the pan, permitting it to absorb the sauce. Finally, dip the beef into a raw egg and then eat!
2. Sukiyaki Hotpot: Start by pouring in the combination of soy sauce soup, then add sugar, onion, leaks, tofu, radish, konnyaku (konjac jelly), scallion, shitaki mushroom, enoki mushroom, tungho and wagyu beef. Mix it all together and enjoy!
🥩SHABU SHABU: This beef dish comes from Matsusaka, Japan, a region known for their high-quality beef that has a high fat-to-meat ratio. Typically, this meat is served with sides of soy sauce and vinegar or sashimi sauce. The beef is often poached in boiled water for 5-10 seconds before being dipped into the sauce and eaten.
💸PRICE: Sukiyaki 45.55 USD/5,000 JPY | Shabu Shabu 45.55 USD/5,000 JPY per person
3. WAKAKAISEKIYAMATOKAN (TOKYO GINZA): Teppanyaki (Wagyu Steak)
ADDRESS: 1-2-2 Uchisaiwaicho Chiyoda Tokyo
OPEN: Mon – Fri: 11:30AM – 2PM | 5:30PM – 10PM
Sat: 11:30AM – 8PM
Sun + Holidays: Closed
Wakakaisekiyamatokan has been serving some of the finest beef in Tokyo for 27 years. They are famous for their private space, where guests have a private room with a private chef preparing their food right in front of them.
🥩This restaurant offers three mains kinds of wagyu beef: Kitasasuma beef from Kagoshima, Hida beef from Gifu and Yonezawa beef from Yamagata. They also offer Washoku, traditional foods of Japan, typically including rice, miso soup and seasonal side dishes.
💗SUPPORT OUR MISSION:
Patreon is a platform that allows people to support creators on a recurring basis. Your contribution is an investment in the creative freedom of my channel and enables me to keep my content authentic and uninterrupted. Your generous donation allows me the time and resources to create more videos for you. We also have some pretty sweet rewards, exclusive to Patreon Bestys.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY » Bret Hamilton
CAMERA OPERATOR » Nguyễn Tân Khải
VIDEO EDITOR » Lê Anh Đỗ
COLOR & MASTER » Dương Quốc Huy
PRODUCER » Huỳnh Hà My